Thursday, February 5, 2009

Comm[unity] bulletin board

Here are some new and continuing open calls for you all to enjoy, please pass on to anyone you think may find the info useful.

I also wanted to mention that this coming Friday is First Friday, not only will Blankspace be open from 7-10pm but if you go to one of the galleries listed in this weeks East Bay Express -including Blankspace- and you let the East Bay Express know you came by, you could win prizes...mmm prizes... and as always shop local...support the local economy by keeping your dollars circulating through local business....that reminds me, scroll down to see the indie biz of the week...



OPEN CALLS


Bancroft Sculpture Exhibit

Entries Due: Post marked by February 14, 2009
Exhibition Dates: June 19 - July 19, 2009
Opening Reception: June 19th 5-8pm
Entry Fee: None

Awards:1st Place $1000, 2nd Place $500, 3rd place $250

Jurors: Carrie Lederer and Ann Weber

Here is a link to a PDF with all of the info and entry form: Click Here

Call for Artists

Deadline February 27

The City of Walnut Creek is currently accepting qualifications from artists
for individual artworks for the new downtown Walnut Creek Library.

Individual works of art will be purchased or commissioned to fill the
library’s common areas in the buildings’ lobbies, reading rooms, community
gallery, children’s library, and children’s garden, as well as outside in
adjacent plazas.

More information: http://www.bedfordgallery.org/public_art.htm


Contact:
Robyn Burror
Public Art Coordinator
burror@walnut-creek.org
925/295-1447


INDIE BIZ OF THE WEEK

Four Barrels Coffee in SF is the indie biz of the week. I had been hearing about this great new coffee shop in the Mission and when I was visiting Southern Exposure Gallery the other day I finally went in...if you go on Yelp there is a lot of talk about this business, some of the comments and quibbles are quite funny...but the bottom line; and this comes straight from a self proclaimed coffee snob-I had one of the best cappuccinos I have ever had outside of Italy.

Bottom line, it is all about the coffee, and Four Barrels gets it...I don't care if a monkey in an elephant suit is serving my coffee, if the barista can make a good cap, I am happy. I was walking down the sidewalk and every time I took a sip I sighed with contentment...

**Side note, the other best place (in my opinion) to get a great cup of coffee is Bittersweet Chocolate Cafe on College ave in Oakland.

Four Barrels

375 Valencia St
(at 15th St)
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 252-0800

* Hours:
Mon-Thu. 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Fri. 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sat. 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sun. 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment