Thursday, July 2, 2009

Indie Biz of the Week July 2nd 2009



Indie Biz of the Week
Barlata
is a tapas bar located in the Temescal district of Oakland. I recently went there with some friends who were visiting, we were looking for someplace to get tapas that was easy going and not too pricey. Barlata fit the bill.

The restaurant is small and feels comfortable yet wonderfully cosmopolitan. I love that when you sit down they give you a bowl of mixed olives. Awesome. I love olives.

The wine ranges from somewhat pricey to very pricey, but the house red I had was yum.

When I go back I want to try the 3 gazpacho sampler, people around me had ordered it and it looked intriguing.

Extra points for a good espresso with a lemon rind twist to finish off my meal.

Barlata
4901 Telegraph, Oakland
510-450-0678
www.barlata.com
HOURS:
Monday to Sunday: 5pm to 11:00 pm,

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{{}{}{}{}{}{}
BLANKSPACE NEWS
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{{}{}{}{}{}{}

From July 6th - August 6th, Blankspace will be closed for vacation.
We will not be resting but making changes and improvements, including adding an oline store. stay tuned.....

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{{}{}{}{}{}{}

No comments:

Post a Comment