Sunday, April 5, 2009

Indie Biz of the Week

Welcoming Spring

In the spirit of Spring, I am thinking renewal, regrowth, and revisiting some of my favorite places this week
. So, since I am late with my update, I thought I would give you my itinerary for this coming Tuesday.

First..Since it is the free Tuesday for Museums in SF, I will starting by going to 3rd St. and checking out
YBCA-Nick Cave Show and SFMOMA- SECA show., if I have time I will pop over to the New Contemporary Jewish Museum to check it out.


Then...I am going to head over to the Mission and stop off at my new favorite coffee place Four Barrels, once good and caffeinated I am going to pop around and check out the Curiosity Shoppe
, Therapy, the Bell Jar (if open), Paxton Gate, Needles and Pens and of course Rare Device. I will probably stop into Fritz for some tasty fries with fun dipping sauce.


I hope to be able to pop into some of the galleries and other tasty shops around the area, if I discover anything new I will let you know.


Whats Happening at Blankspace
Sunday Tea-
April 12th, 3-5pm-
Join us for some delicious and refreshing iced tea from
local Tea makers Numi Tea.

Currently on view:
the main gallery show:
Renee Gertler: Modality Room
and
the gallery store show: Jessica Dacher: Remember Me Forever
more info at blankspacegallery.com


Hey speaking of indie biz the Oakland Indie Awards are happening
again this year.
Blankspace has been nominated in 2 categories this year!

The Indie Awards are a program of One California Foundation.
They are hosting third third annual
awards party on Friday,
May 15, 2009 at 5:30 pm at The Crucible at 1260 7th St, Oakland.
This event
will celebrate the spirit and community impact of
Oakland's independent businesses and artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment